Covid-19 work from home IT checklist
During this difficult time, we need to be more vigilant about our work from home practices. Edge Networks compiled a checklist to help ease the burden of making sure that your work from home operations are productive and secure.
COVID-19 Work From Home How-To Resources
Below are a few resources to help you get your remote team set up with some of our cybersecurity best practices.
7 Ways to Improve your Cybersecurity with tools that you already own
Microsoft 365 already comes with a comprehensive toolset to improve you cybersecurity. This video will walk you though the 7 ways that you can improve your security and keep your remote team safe and secure.
- Check your Secure Score
- Set up multi-factor authentication
- Use the built-in mobile devices management
- Setup a separate account for administrative tasks
- Block malicious file types
- Store files in One-Drive for Business
- Stop e-mail auto-forwarding
Setup Microsoft 365 with Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication means you and your employees must provide more than one way to sign in to Microsoft 365. Usually a text or call to your phone. This is one of the easiest ways to increase security for your business.
To get started, go to the admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com.
- Select Users, Active users.
- Choose More, and then, Multifactor Authentication setup.
- Select one or more users, then Enable.
- Select enable multi-factor auth.
- Next time the selected employees sign in, they’ll be asked to provide a second form of authentication.
Let's get things started.
Contact us today for a free cyber risk analysis.